A Few Updates
I know it’s been a while, life has been moving fast! I’ve been receiving so many blessings; I just want to share what’s been going on in my life for the past couple of months:
- (co)wrote my first episode of televion!!!- It’s been a long time coming, and I’m so thankful. From moving 3,000 miles away from home and not knowing anyone out here to working at a studio and writing for tv within my first two years being in LA. Nothing but God.
- Moved into a new apartment with my partner- I’ve been hoping from sublease to sublease (with a touch of homelessness) ever since I got out here. To finally be in a stable home I call my own with the love of my life has made everything worth it and I’m happy we’re going on this adventure together.
- I went home- For the first time in almost a year, I went home for a few days for a wedding and to visit friends and family. I was able to relax, have some fun, as well as adult and have some hard conversations. It was exactly what I needed in the new phase of my life.
- Going back to clean eating!- I’m not going to lie, I ate like crap on set while taping the show. I fell completely off of my diet and exercise. I’m getting back on it (so I can look good for my birthday), but to also make plant based eating my lifestyle. I still haven’t had meat or poultry (pretty much nothing except salmon, shrimp, and crab), but processed foods and snacks are not apart of the new plan. Meal prep has saved my life and having my own kitchen to cook brings me so much joy.
o Bonus- I’m going to start sharing recipes on my YouTube page, so watch out for that soon!
- Getting my finances in order- Not only do I have real things like bills and student loans, I’m making a commitment to invest in my creative ventures and into my future. I’m still going to enjoy my food and travel, but I’m trying to set me and my family up for generations to come. #generationalwealth
That’s all I’ve got for now. I’m grinding, growing, and grateful. Keep your head up, and kick some ass!